aristera says

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 

surreal, but nice

on the lawns of NID, Ahmedabad
The garba at NID. Tempted to post pics of me in my dhoti, but I think I must refrain. Had the bestest time this weekend. IED, CEPT and NID. 3 nights of dancing to the most amazing garbas. Learnt to do the 12 step garba, the surati, the baroda and the diya dance. Yes, I actually danced with a lamp in my hand. No, I didn’t burn myself or anyone else. No I didn’t trip over my dhoti nor did it come off (not till I didn’t want it to, that is… muhahaha). But I enjoyed myself in gujarat thoroughly after such a long time. There's something surreal about everyone dancing to the tune of folk music belted out by the villagers, in circles, the same step, with no electric lamps, traditional costumes and such wonderful energy.

There is something immensely romantic about dancing with someone you like. To match steps, to smile when you falter and to smile when you don’t.


Raja ni waah waah
Raja ni rani ni waah waah
Raja ni rani ni dikri ni waah waah
Raja ni rani ni dikri ni dasi ni waah waah
Raja ni rani ni dikri ni dasi ni biladi ni waah waah
Raja ni rani ni dikri ni dasi ni biladi na bachhda ni waah waah




Comments:
There cannot be more to life than this. At least for the moment. Bas yeh lamha jee lene de...Loved this post!! Everything and more for you...Everything and more...
 
so much drama is not good for your health, sex and the city.
 
So THAT is why you were missing. Seems like such an awesome time. I badly want a break now :(
 
Forgot to add... yesyesyesyes, we must MUST see fotos of you in a dhoti!
 
casa- email id batao, hum mail karega. hot me in hot dhoti with an installation of diyas in the NID grounds for backdrop!
 
casa dot wall @ gmail dot com

This is going to be interesting :-)
 
*ahem*

dandiya?

garba?

dhoti?

* rolls eyes *

"There is something immensely romantic about dancing with someone you like. To match steps, to smile when you falter and to smile when you don’t"

awwww, k why do you say the sweetest things at times. we'll forget we read dhoti, garba and the works there ...

glad u had a goodtime :)
 
casa - nice no? no? no?

brat - awww. judge me all you want. hehe.
 
Err... sorry, havent received it yet, so kind of difficult to comment :p
 
casa - errr... casa.wall@gmail.com no?
 
did they have that song that u told me the words of?
*shy grin*
 
Oops, it went to my Spam folder for some reason! Got it. Replied too :)
 
Nice nice!
...and I also want photos of you in dhoti!
 
i sure wud love to learn some of tht...
n abt the dance wid some1 i like??? well, somehow seems like a far-off dream!!! (besides the one i had wid a some1 jus b4 i left)
 
compound_xnrf'at-the-rate'hotmail.com

I want the dhoti pics too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?