aristera says

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

 

fillum

some of the best films i have seen in the past few years, some seen over and over again, some i want in my collection, some which i have grown to like only after the second time i saw them, some i loved from the minute i started seeing. architecture and cinema, both my favorite kinesthetic experiences. i remember, i did this project for a humanities class in 3rd year of college where in i drew parallels between the two.... have turned into a big film buff now. at home, in the theatres. but i figured i like em to be noir and complex. i wonder why. hehe.

1. Todo Sobre Mi Madre (Spanish)
2. Rajanigandha (Hindi)
3. Great Expectations (English)
4. Run Lola Run (German)
5. Bad Education (Spanish)
6. Closer (English)
7. 36 Chowringee Lane (English-Bengali)
8. Breakfast at Tiffany’s (English)
9. My Brother Nikhil (Hindi)
10. In which Annie Gives it Those Ones (English-Hindi)
11. Yuganta (Bengali)

Comments:
...you like 'em noir coz you aint no avg indian ;-) LOL - explns in my next post!

Bfast at Tiffany's (the film) has a happy ending as opposed the novella's open ending...actually think I prefer the latter.

Not seen half of these movies..if you get them, lend them kindly please!
 
Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money
 
I just bought the DVD for My Brother Nikhil last week, when I had gone to watch Omkara. Now that I see your list, I think today's a good day to watch that movie :)
 
casa - beware, its sob-sob all the way!!
 
not seen 2, 8 and 10. love almovodar - would also add talk to her to the list (Hable con ella) - heard good things about his latest too. He really uses visuals & music amazingly. So does Wong kar wai - In the mood for love is just simply a must watch for ppl who like sensual romantic movies. My bro nikhil doesn't really fit in this league. The spanish movies like Amores perros or Yu tu Mama Tambien. Baran by Kirostami and The colous trilogy etc etc etc
 
sigh all this reminds me I should rent a nice movie on dvd this weekend and watch it
 
For me, making a list of movies is like making a list of books - near to bloody impossible! Personal favourites include Il Postino, Murder by Death, A Fish Named Wanda, Lost in Translation - "lighter movies" it would seem, no? :-)

Have you watched China Town? Fantastic Noir film!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?