aristera says

Monday, February 06, 2006

 

untitled

I walked down the street
Felt someone was following me
Literally
It was refreshing.
Metaphorically, I think
No one follows me.

They all come
Take a piece of me
I wonder what happens
When very little of me
Is left?

I called for food
Last night.
They never send
Portions fit for one.
If I had someone to eat with
Wouldn’t I simply go out?

I saw a film the other day
It didn’t have an ending
Per se, that is.
It was more real to me
Than if it were with an ending.

I did the right thing.
After a long time,
Once again
I did something which
Was ‘right’
And once again
It made me sad.

I picked up my phone
And we spoke.
I had the upper hand
As
I was being ‘honest’.
Sometimes it does not
Take guts to be ‘honest.
Sometimes its easy
And
Only sometimes
Its difficult to lie to others.
I can fool myself, sometimes
At other times
I fool nobody.


Comments:
it's alright.
 
Now, that was honest!

And I do sail in the same boat when it comes to food delivery for 1 person. Mighty irritating it is.
 
....hmmm...i have no words. its beautiful and above all straight from the heart...
 
blue green splat - ....

casablanca - is it just the food for one?

v - yes it is straight from the heart.
 
C'est la vie mon cher, c'est la vie!

All I can offer is a comforting shoulder (promise to tie up my hair so it doesn't tickle you) and a warm enveloping hug...missed you on the trip. Let's do it sometime together...it's a place I want to see with you :-)
 
geetanjali - hug!
 
hmmm...i fool other most of the time but i can never fool myself.

BTW, i hated Alchemist too. i never understood the hype around it. i did, however, enjoy 5 point smone and the da vinci code. i guess i'm some what of dimwit sometimes :(
 
I did something which
Was ‘right’
And once again
It made me sad.


Always happens. Extremely annoying, that.


Liked the piece very much .. one relates totally.
 
mizfit - everybody is a dimwit...sometimes (to the tune of 'everybody hurts')

the one - it does... one is glad tht one relates.
 
Dear Aristera
What a beautiful poem! Touched me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?