aristera says

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

 
it rained last night

the shoes were wet.
Wet canvas.
The socks were soaked.
The water in the shoes
Made a squishy sound.
There were no puddles
To avoid.
It was a sea.
I fell flat on my face.
Bruised my self.
Inside.
Fell into a heap of garbage.
The stench.
Rotting fruit.
Worms crawling over my face.
Dead rats.
Live roaches
Crawling over my lips.
Pus drenched cotton wool
Blood soaked napkins.
Dog shit below my nostrils.
The cat scratched my eye.
I feel weightless.
Tired, I want to sleep.
It’s cold.
It’s wet.
I wish I had you here
I want to tell you
How it feels.
How it feels
To be here
While it rains.
The beauty of it all.

Comments:
Reminds me of the beginning of that No Doubt song...you know when the guy plucks the orange from the tree and it's all rotten inside, swarming with flies?
 
geetanjali- yes, now that you mention it...
 
yep i almost gagged when i saw the beginning of the video dont speak.
 
aparna- yes, the desired rasa was evoked.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?