aristera says

Sunday, September 04, 2005

 

breakfast at Tiffany's

Am currently re-reading one of my favorite novella, Truman capote’s “breakfast at tiffany’s”. some characters you take an immese liking to. Some characters you identify with. Two such characters I have come across. One is holden Caulfield from ‘catcher in the rye’ and the other is holly golightly of ‘breakfat at tifanny’s’.
One of my favorite passages from the book goes….
“….i don’t want to own anything until I’ve found the place where me and things belong together. I’m not quite sure where that is just yet. But I know what its like….It’s like Tiffany’s,” she said. ….”what I’ve found does the most good is just to get into a taxi and go to tiffany’s. It calms me down right away, the quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there, not with those kind of men in their nice suits, and that lovely smell of silver and alligator wallets. If I could find a real-life place that made me feel like Tiffany’s…..”

Comments:
know what you mean... i get like that when she talks about her cat, and how she has no right to name him... i love the movie too.
 
phal-yes it is one of the few movies that do justice to the book
 
:-)
 
oh oh oh yes!
 
really, tiff?
;-)
wowee.
 
geetanjali- :-)

scribbleamus- :-)

livinghigh- yes, really (wink)
 
Catcher In The Rye rocks. Super characters.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?